Tales of Fantasy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chosen By Olympus

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chosen By Olympus - Page 2 Empty Re: Chosen By Olympus

Post by Princess Holly Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:04 pm

Elena sighed, that meant she had to leave right then and there. No choice, no delaying. "I need to pick up my bow from home and drop off my backpack." She responded and began packing her books and folders for class. "How long is this going to take? I'll need to leave a note for my parents."

"Father's assembling a team, this is a bad sign. Something has upset the balance."
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackybubble Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:11 pm

There was that tug again, someone was impatient, probably Dionysus being stupid. “I don’t know how long…” Hermes tried to think back to what she had heard or read, “He mentioned something about the Titans stirring or something and increased monsters, lots of dangerous junk.” She shood it as if this was just common happenings. “So, we headed to your house first? And we might want to hurry before teachers think we’re up to no good, I’m fast not invisible.”
Wackybubble
Wackybubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:28 pm

"Titans? Be prepared to be away for the night and don't make any plans." Artemis said and Elena knew from her tone, that this was really bad. "End of the world shit?" Elena asked mentally and Artemis responded with a solemn "Yes".
"Damn" Elena muttered to herself. She then grabbed Hermes, shut her locker, and headed towards the bathroom. School security camera prevented them from teleporting in the hallway. "Let's go."
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackybubble Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Hermes fallowed her, something told her that Artemis had told her how serious this was. “Once they were at the restrooms Hermes didn’t even bother waiting to teleport. The door shut behind them and they were in Elenas room. “Here we go, grab what you need, leave a note and I will pick you up in a few minutes. People are calling and I got to pick it up before it gives me a headache.” With that Hermes left Elena in her room. She stopped by Eros, who was flirty and stupid as usual. How he was allowed to get a champion at all was beyond her. She snatched up the papers, told him she was uninterested, and teleported back, taking about five minutes. When she got back she Sighed deeply and groaned, “I think not EVERY god should be entitled to a champion, you know?”
Wackybubble
Wackybubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:05 am

Hermes plopped Elena in her room and poofed somewhere else to deal with life. All Elena could do was sigh and fall backwards onto her bed, her backpack falling to the side. She didn't want to go to Olympus "It was going to happen eventually Elena" there was a reason why she never went there, she wasn't Artemis, she didn't belong there "Yes you do" and now that she was being called there, to be part of a team "It will be fun!" meant the situation was really bad. 

After a minute Elena got off of her bed and pulled her quiver and bow out from under her bed. Then she put the quiver on, making sure it was secure, and then placed the bow over her shoulder. It wasn't the comfiest but a sling got in the way so Elena had to do without.

Now it was time for her letter. It was going to be the usual excuse, she was at Cynelle's house. Elena made sure to put down that she understood it was a school night and so she was only going to stay over if their studying took too long. They had several tests tomorrow and there was a lot of material to go over. Elena then went down the hall to the kitchen/living room and put the note on the fridge where her parents would see it when they made dinner. Artemis was being unusually quiet and Elena was grateful for that. She seemed to have been able to take the hint, Elena was in no mood for dealing with her. She really didn't want to go to Olympus. When Elena had returned to her room, Hermes appeared yelling “I think not EVERY god should be entitled to a champion, you know?”. 

"Yes I agree entirely." Artemis and Elena said in unison, but Hermes would have only been able to hear Elena.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackybubble Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Hermes plopped onto her bed, “Glad to hear someone agrees.” She looked over at Elena who seemed angry for some reason, its not like she had to deal with Eros. Hermes also noticed that she was still in those heals, “You ready to go yet? Cause you’re still in heals and I doubt that is helpful.”
Wackybubble
Wackybubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:57 pm

"I can wear heels if I want to wear heels. And why should I take your advice? You never take mine." Elena retorted, she knew heels weren't great for combat. Artemis told her every morning when she put them on, actually she went further. Artemis would give her detailed accounts as a way to deter Elena from dressing a certain way. It never worked. "So, are we leaving or what?"
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackybubble Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:19 am

Hermes raised her hands in defense, “Ok, ok no need to jump me.” Hermes floated off and over to Elena. This would be Elena’s first time in Olympus, that would be fun to see. But sadly Hermes had work and Zeus was waiting so she couldn’t stick around to see her reaction. Hermes Put a hand on her shoulder, then they were in Olympus outside Athena’s office. She was grinning ridiculously as she did a little rhythmic knock on the door, “Hey Athena! I need you to watch over Elena for a little while till everyone’s here.” She knew Athena would not be impressed by how she was acting, but the thing is it was to fun to not. She hovered impatiently next to Elena, she couldn’t just leave her here alone and she couldn’t be her guide. This was the best option unless she found Apollo, but he could literally be anywhere. He spent just as much time as he did in Olympus Center as he did running around town at poetry events and jazz clubs.
Wackybubble
Wackybubble

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Cassidy had just sunk into a rhythm of paperwork when she heard a rapid knocking at her door. She looked up as Hermes said, "Hey Athena! I need you to watch over Elena for a little while till everyone's here." She sighed, pushing herself away from the desk and standing slowly. A chosen champion, practically a goddess, was being delegated the task of babysitting. Oh how far the great ones fall. She leisurely walked to the door and opened it, looking down slightly at the younger child. Only her little sister Artemis would choose someone so young as a champion. She smiled a little. "I take it you're Elena?" she asked the girl, who was oddly wearing heels.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:33 pm

Before Elena knew it, she was standing in front of a plain oak door with swirly patterns. The doorknob was a little golden owl and the wall surrounding the door also had owls etched into it. Someone was apparently obsessed with owls and Hermes was yelling at her. Apparently she was getting a baby sitter. "Athena always baby sits, don't take it as an insult. Olympus is huge and it's been awhile since I've been here, so it's a smart choice."

"Anything I need to know about her?" Elena asked Artemis while they waited. Athena was a merge so Artemis would know her, know what buttons not to press. Elena may still press them but at least she would know what she's pressing. "I can't tell you much, Athena has always been moody. We are similar yet opposites, much like Apollo and me. She was-" Athena opened the door and Artemis stopped speaking and let her speak instead. "I take it you're Elena?"

"Yeah, and you must be Athena. It's a pleasure to meet you." Elena said and held out her hand. It was strange meeting Athena, she was a lot older than Elena had expected. The only champions she had ever interacted with were Hermes, and Apollo if the mission was a tough one. They were like her age, and Athena was a... a grown up. A grown up who didn't have to dress like she worked in an office, a boring office.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:32 am

Shaking the girl's hand, Cassidy replied, "Likewise. But call me Cassidy." Elena had an interesting fashion choice. It seemed rather flashy, and she had a silver ribbon braided into her hair. Confirmation of her earlier suspicion. "Can I assume you're the champion of Artemis?" she asked, trying her best to make conversation with a child. Not a young child, but a child nonetheless.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackybubble Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:54 pm

“Yes she is.” Hermes cut in. “Glad to see you two getting along, Athena please show her around or something, I have to leave or I would do it myself.” before Athena could argue about babysitting Hermes was gone. She went to hopefully actually see Zeus this time, but again was greeted by a satyr. “Hermes w…” Before he could speak she interrupted, “I know I’m kinda late, what is it?” Hermes wasn’t in the mood to be told that she was late or anything, but that didn’t seem to be what he was saying. He continued. “Hermes, we have a problem.” he handed her the letter, it was clearly wasn’t written by Zeus. Hermes began to unfold it to read it, the satyr spoke up again, “There have been some reports that some of the monsters are organizing, and being led by… well we aren’t sure at this time.” That wasn’t possible, monsters didn’t rally behind someone, monsters didn’t organize, and monsters didn’t do things like that. Hermes went to speak but she didn’t know what to say, this was just weird. The satyr cleared his throat, “Perhaps you should deliver this to the group Zeus has you gathering?” Hermes nodded and was off to find Alex. This was bad, this was really bad. If they were organizing that meant that they were planning rather than just going places and attacking. That meant that Champions were in danger. “ALEX!!! WE NEED TO GO!” she shouted franticly, she had sent Alex alone into something. She could handle it, but with the new news she was a little flummoxed.
Wackybubble
Wackybubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:52 am

Hermes poofed again and Elena was left with Ath-Cassie. It was really awkward considering neither of them knew what to say, even Artemis was being quiet which was a sign that she was in one of her moods. "I just have never really... enjoyed being here. Watch out for Hera." Artemis said and Elena had a feeling she was clocking out. She wasn't too sure how it worked, just that Artemis somehow went to sleep and Elena had to yell at her for her to respond.

"You have really pretty eyes, you should wear more blue and maybe put some of those jeweled pins in your hair." The pins would add some glam to her dull brown hair and the blue may make her eyes look more grey. It would be a really nice combination and would take away from the boring office look. 
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Cassidy held in a sigh as Hermes teleported away. She should have expected something like that eventually. She looked down at the younger child, who was silent for a moment. Then she spat out what seemed to be fashion advice. "You have really pretty eyes, you should wear more blue and maybe put some of those jeweled pins in your hair." Cassidy blinked. "What?" The statement was so random that she was slightly confused. What practicality would jeweled hair pins have? And why blue? She wasn't directly patronized by Poseidon. It was quite the opposite, actually. She wouldn't be caught dead wearing blue in front of the sea god.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:59 pm

"Well, wearing blue would take away from the blue in your eyes and make them look more grey. And I'm sorry, but your hair is kinda... a plain brown. If you were to put some pretty pins in it, then it would dress it up a bit and it wouldn't look so plain." Elena explained and gave Cassie a smile so she knew she wasn't trying to insult her or anything. She was just trying to help the ignorant, anyone can dress nice. Even Hermes, if Hermes would just accept her advice.

Elena began wondering what they were going to do. It couldn't be that long until the meeting happened. Hermes was probably off getting the last person. There probably wasn't any time for a tour just enough time to get to where ever the meeting takes place. This was going to be so boring. 
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Cassidy looked at her and reflected on what she said. Fashion advice from a twelve year-old... She smiled a little. "Thank you for your concern. I haven't ever had much of a reason to really try improving my appearance. Maybe when times are peaceful again I could try it."

In reality, though, she knew she would keep coming up with reasons not to try. She resolved to try her best to remember, or find a reason to try. Perhaps she could find a way to make sparkly hair pins useful. Somehow. Cassidy looked around, thinking about how much time it would take for Hermes to return. Not enough time for a tour. However, Hermes hadn't told them where the meeting was supposed to be. There were at least three meeting halls, either at the request of Zeus or Hera. It was too tiring to keep track. Try as she might, she never cared much about her adopted mother's activities. Or Zeus's either, for that matter.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:34 am

"But it's never going to be peaceful, monsters are always going to exist. You would think you would understand that." It would take years and years to get them all, Elena doubted that would ever happen. She had only been a champion for about three years and she wasn't a merge, but even she could tell that more and more monsters kept popping up. It was like they were a hydra, she took one out and then the next week there were two more. What did Cassie think was going to happen anyway? All of the monsters fall over dead like in War of the Worlds? That was as likely as her going to John Hopkins. She wants it to be true and happen, but it's never going to happen. "And besides, the world's ending. That's a big event, you might as well look nice for it."
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Cassidy listened to the girl's counter with a straight expression. After a few moments of silence, she started to quietly laugh. This was a girl who knew how to get what she wanted. Even though she hadn't fully merged, she acted more like the real Artemis than she realized. If only every champion could act like that- sharpened spearheads of determination. This was a champion she could get along with. "For a little girl, you have a sharp tongue. I like that," she eventually said with a smile.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:17 pm

Elena smiled back "Thank you Cassie, it's nice to meet another well grounded individual. The only champions I've had a pleasure interacting with are Hermes and Apollo. You can imagine what that is like." Those two goofballs were fun but sometimes she got tired of their antics. Their lives were Olympus and so they didn't understand what it was like trying to balance two different lives. Sometimes she just wanted to kill the beast and be done with it, not fool around with the thing. To make matters worse, they never took her advice seriously. At least Cassie seemed to take it into consideration. 
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:39 pm

Upon hearing Hermes and Apollo mentioned, she nodded. "Yes I can. Apollo especially, he can be quite infuriating. I'm glad I'm not the only level-headed champion around here." Cassidy thought about how well they were getting along from the start, thinking about how well they could work as a team. In battle, handling the other champions, or handling life, they seemed to be a good pair already. "What do you say we stick together when it comes to those two?" she asked with a light smirk.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2