Tales of Fantasy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:0) (inventiveAdventurer and Princess Holly)

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

:0) (inventiveAdventurer and Princess Holly) - Page 2 Empty Re: :0) (inventiveAdventurer and Princess Holly)

Post by inventiveAdventurer Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:11 pm

Navira sighed a little bit, casting her eyes around the small elevator. As it moved she tried to estimate how many floors were going by at what speed. Really she was doing whatever she could to keep her mind off of how miserably her first day started. She didn't want the rest of her career to go that way. She held in another sigh, resolving to do well on the rest of the mission.

The elevator stopped with a soft electronic tone, and the doors slid open. Navira stepped out of the elevator and looked around, wondering which room she should go to. Evangeline was right; the system was confusing.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

:0) (inventiveAdventurer and Princess Holly) - Page 2 Empty Re: :0) (inventiveAdventurer and Princess Holly)

Post by Princess Holly Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:33 pm

Evangeline stepped out as well and signed the word room. She needed to know where the girl was staying so that she could drop her off and pick her up later. She looked upwards briefly and recited, "AB2 A45". Evangeline nodded and stepped towards the tran that was next to the elevator. It looked just like an elevator except with a two way arrow going left and right, above it. Since they were in the middle of that hallway and no where near her floor. They would need to take it.

Evangeline pressed the button for it and began to wait silently. It arrived in a minute and she stepped inside and grabbed one of the hand holds hanging from the ceiling. She had been wanting them to add seats but it was such a small space there would only be three and more people could fit when standing. Like at that moment, there were three others already there. Luckily there was room enough for two more and the button with the girl's range, had already been pressed.

The tran began to move and Evangeline braced herself for the second jolt that would occur when it stopped. It stopped twice for the other two and the third time they all got out. Evangeline began to lead the girl to the left towards her number. It was a five minute walk but Evangeline wasn't too sure what she could chat about so she remained silent. Once they were at the girls room, she gestured towards it and left.

She then made her way towards her room where she took a shower and put her hair in a simple braid. Then Evangeline took her old uniforms out of her bag and replaced them with her new ones. With that done, she left and made her way back towards the girl's room to pick her up and take her to the ship.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:20 pm

After reciting her room number Navira followed Evangeline into the sliding elevator. She briefly nodded to the other people in the elevator and grabbed one of the handles. She wasn't prepared for the jolts that came in the journey, and each one nearly sent her sprawling into someone's lap. She was relieved when it stopped, stepping out as quickly as she could while still maintaining her dignity.

She spent the walk in silence, like her partner, still thinking the more experienced girl was upset with her because of what transpired during their meeting with the weapons expert. After a little while her mind started to wander again, thinking about the mission ahead and the possibilities. When they got to her room at last Navira said a quick and quiet thank you before stepping inside. She took a little time to freshen up and packed a bag with both official uniforms and civilian clothes for undercover work, just in case. She was still hesitant about wearing gloves to cover the crystals on her hands; she didn't think Evangeline realized just how much of an asset they were to her, or how much they were a part of herself. She put gloves into her bag, but didn't put any on. With her packing done she sat down with her bag to wait for Evangeline, not wanting to brave the confusing hallways on her own yet.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:42 pm

Evangeline knocked on the door and smiled at the girl when she opened it. She knew the girl was new and she should probably say something. But it was hard for Evangeline. She wasn't too sure how serious she should be or how friendly. It was not as if her mentor, previous mentor, was a chatter box. He mostly spoke through glances and hand motions even though she communicated silently. He was a serious and harsh mentor which is probably why she was assigned to him, but Evangeline didn't want to be him. She wanted to be herself. "Ready?"
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:50 pm

Navira nodded, smiling slightly so she didn't look unhappy. "Yeah. Do we have any time to read the files? Or have you been given those yet?" she asked aloud, since her hands were holding her suitcase. Since they were getting into the actual mission she was starting to feel less nervous and more eager. The simulated practice missions from the academy were all rushing back, in addition to that initial sense of excitement she had had. The agency was a bit more daunting than she expected, but to her it wasn't any reason to give up.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:56 pm

Evangeline started walking towards the tran. "They'll be on the ship since I left without them. It's just going to take us to one of those passenger ones where we can join the general populace. It'll take twenty minutes tops." She sent mentally since she was carrying her bag. Evangeline tended to forget the files so she knew the protocol.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:01 pm

Navira nodded. She couldn't keep the smile from spreading across her face as they headed toward the train. She was going on her first mission. She couldn't wait to write home to her family about it. Once all the details had been declassified of course. She took a deep breath, still grinning. It was all she could do to keep herself from giggling like an idiot.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:08 pm

They reached the tran and Evangeline pressed the button and began to wait for it. Since the girl had stopped talking, Evangeline wasn't sure if she should continue chatting or let the conversation die there. It was not as if they could talk about the weather while in space. So she just kept herself closed off as she waited for the tran to arrive and then stepped into it.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:12 pm

Navira stepped onto the train when it arrived. She sat down in a seat closer to a window, putting the bag on her lap. She figured she should at least try talking to her new partner if they were going to make a decent team. "Copper?" she signed, since her hands were free again. "Do you think we should try to get to know each other?"
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:16 pm

"Yes" Evangeline signed, she was so happy the girl was speaking to her. "I'll start. I like guns and the great outdoors. I've never liked science unless it relates to weapons or cities that much." She figured she should be as frank as possible since the girl would learn everything eventually. "And every one thinks I am insane."
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:21 pm

Navira couldn't hold in a short bark of laughter. "What? Why?" she asked, genuinely curious. From what she had seen and heard the other agent hadn't given any indication that she could be insane. Navira briefly thought about the technology remark, thinking that it could be either a lengthening of the gap between them or a well-chosen diversity in skills.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:28 pm

Evangeline smiled widely at the girl and snorted a bit at her reaction. It was nice for someone to question it. They arrived at their stop and Evangeline exited. Then she pressed the button for the elevator. "Thank you. There are many reasons why people think that. First off I suppose you don't know anything about my planet, we live underground in a technological paradise. The surface is hardly seen by anyone, some never. Except me, I would play up there. My species is also known for our violent tendencies and to top it off, I tend to be rather reckless."
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:35 pm

Navira smiled and stood up, exiting the train with her. "If it is a common trait of your race that shouldn't count," she said, thinking everything she said just made her different. "I come from a world covered in green forests, where technology has been integrated into the cellular networks of the trees and plants." She wanted to offer information about herself too, hoping she didn't come across as rude. Evangeline had shared information about her home world, so Navira shared a bit of her own as well. When the elevator arrived she stepped inside.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:44 pm

"Oooh~ nice!" Evangeline said as she entered the elevator and pressed one of the last buttons. "That sounds so neat, I love forests. Our trees are mostly shrubs. And it counts since my race has become a pacifist race that uses meditation and medications to suppress instincts. I love the hunt, the smell of blood, and the adrenaline pumping through me." Evangeline said and began to watch the girl carefully. She continued to speak mentally since she felt this was a private conversation. And Evangeline was testing her by revealing so much, but she kept some things to herself. Such as the taste of warm blood and seeing the fear in the enemies' eyes because she didn't want to push it.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:59 am

Navira thought carefully about how to respond. She didn't want to seem insensitive or anything. From what she inferred the agent's instincts were similar to that of the saber-toothed primates indigenous to her home world. They did hunt to survive, but over time instinct morphed into satisfaction. The majority of them craved the thrill of the hunt, and they would often toy with their prey. They were always the most dangerous enemies that could be encountered in the forests because they found enjoyment in killing their prey. "I see," she said quietly, offering no further remarks; she didn't want to sound scared of her new partner or upset in any way.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:06 pm

Evangeline raised an eyebrow at her response. She was not angry or providing lists of medications she could take so Evangeline considered it a win. "What do you enjoy?" she asked and moved out of the way as some boys exited the elevator. "And don't worry, I won't eat you."
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:14 pm

Navira smiled slightly. "Well, back at home I loved playing hide and seek with my brother. It was fun because he's green, just like the forest," she signed, looking around sheepishly. That probably wasn't what she meant. "Other than that I like figuring out how different inventions work. At the academy I reverse engineered a photon ray gun. I would've made another one, but I couldn't find all of the parts. So I made a cutting tool instead." She didn't want to brag, but that was what she enjoyed.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:21 pm

Evangeline's face lit up at that. "You like making weapons? We are going to be so great together then. If we have a break, I can get us in the weapons' lab and we can have some fun." She could try to convince Agent Arsenal or ask Robin to get them in. Evangeline was sure Robin would do it, but she didn't want to go above the Senior Agent's head unless she had to. "Anything else? Music, shows, hobbies?"
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:29 pm

Navira smiled. She had been really curious about the weapons lab and the advanced technology that was lying around. "Well, I do like some varieties of music. I like upbeat music, and sometimes I listen to rock classics from Earth."
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:34 pm

Evangeline pumped her fist up in the air "YES!". That made her happy. "If you first heard it in the cafeteria at the Academy, that was Robin and I. We thought you recruits could use some culture in your lives." Evangeline had no idea what Earth was until she met Robin, let alone a facet of their music. But now she couldn't get enough of it. Sometimes she would listen to it as she fought or trained.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Navira laughed brightly, grinning. "That was you?" she couldn't help but exclaim. "That was the first time I heard it! Which band is your favorite?" She forgot to use sign because she was excited. Music was one thing she was truly passionate about.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:49 pm

The elevator finally arrived at their destination and Evangeline got out. "I'm not too sure, I go through phases. I still enjoy heavy metal but I like the song Chop Suey by System of a Down right now and the band Shinedown." she said and began debating between taking the tran or walking. They had enough time, they could walk and still make it. Besides, it was exercise they would be lacking on the ship.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:53 pm

"I like them too. Black Veil Brides is another good metal band, but I tend to like things like Aerosmith and The Who more," she replied, following her out of the elevator. It had been so long since she had been able to talk about her music tastes, that was making her happy. "One of my favorite songs to listen to is Walk This Way. I like the band Kansas too."
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:59 pm

Evangeline snorted at that. "You should exercise with Robin and I sometime. We just blast music in the gym and no one can do anything about it."
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:01 pm

Navira smiled and laughed, entertaining the idea in her mind for a brief moment. "That would be fun. I may have to join the two of you sometime," she said, looking around.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum