Tales of Fantasy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom for Demons (WackyBubble)

2 posters

Go down

Kingdom for Demons (WackyBubble) Empty Kingdom for Demons (WackyBubble)

Post by Tyrial Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:39 pm

Faint morning sunlight glinted through the windows and began to throw shadows across the wood floor. Only a brief glance was spared to the creeping light as the woman inside the room twirled a sword through another blade dance. It was the tenth one she had done with a blade since the house had gone silent with sleep. Flowing gracefully through the forms her blond hair splayed out as she twirled around, one pale bare foot sweeping across the polished floor. The movement of her foot could have traced a line of a perfect circle, the edge of which touched the sunlight right after her foot moved out of the way, though no light touched her skin.

The woman straightened and drew in a slow breath before moving to the wall and placing the sword back onto the rack to join the others like it. With another small breath she crossed the spacious training room to grab up a bundle of clothes. With the ease of long practice she changed into a servants uniform, a black dress with white accents. A red ribbon went into her hair to try and hold her bangs out of the girls eyes. The blue contacts went into her eyes to hide the violet irises she had. White stockings with black shoes went on her legs and feet and in less than five minutes she was dressed and ready. The clothes she had been wearing, namely a karati gi, was folded up and placed on the pile of similar garb. She made a few adjustments to her outfit before drawing in yet another breath and letting it out slowly. She adopted a slightly timid air before leaving the room, shutting the door behind her and heading down the corridor. She took the quickest route, giving quiet hellos and shy smiles to the other staff. When she arrived in the kitchen she picked up the tray of food and gave her thanks before taking it upstairs to the third floor.

The mansion was huge, but it didn't seem to trouble the girl too much as she made her way down one corridor and across another. She ended up outside a large white door upon which she knocked and then entered, eyes on the ground. She carried the tray over to a table and set it down before going to the curtains, drawn tight over the windows to block out the light. The girl drew back the thick outer curtain so that the soft light was filtered through a thin, sheer inner curtain. And she repeated it with all the windows in the living area before going to another white door. This one she didn't knock upon and she went right in going straight to the bath where she turned on the taps to get it filling with water to just the right temperature. She added in a few sprinkles from a jar beside the tub as well as a few drops from a different jar. The bath now smelled like her mistress liked and she turned off the tap before it overflowed. With that finished she set up the soaps and towels beside the tub all within easy reach. With that done she went back into the living area taking the time to tidy up as she moved to another door. This one was a parlor with games and a bar running along the wall. She tidied it up and opened the curtains much like she had the last few rooms. With this room finished, the actions were repeated across all the rooms connected with the living area. With everything clean and light coming in she faced the last door. She gave a small sigh before picking up the tray of food once again. She went to that door gave it a soft knock before going in. She set the tray down on another table and called softly to the feminine form curled up among silk sheets on a giant bed. "M-miss D'anju? T-time to wake up." She went over to the windows and slowly eased back the thick outer curtain. She did it to each of the windows before standing by the tray of food where she busied herself by uncovering breakfast. Cereal, eggs, bacon, toast, waffles, cinnamon rolls, fruit, yogurt, milk, juice, water. The tray had more food than any one person could eat. Once everything was uncovered the girl tugged at her sleeves, pulling them lower down her wrists to hide the tattoo like runes that ran around her wrist.
Tyrial
Tyrial

Back to top Go down

Kingdom for Demons (WackyBubble) Empty Re: Kingdom for Demons (WackyBubble)

Post by Wackybubble Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:21 pm

When light started trickling in from the uncovered windows she curled up more, attempting to cover her head with the covers in hopes of getting more sleep. But it seemed her struggles were for not. She slowly crawled out from under the covers. She stretched and let out a big yawn, trying to wake up a bit more. Her hair was a mess from sleep, sticking up in little strawberry blond quiffs all over her head. Looking over at the small feast, she had been meaning to tell the chief that she didn’t need that much food every morning, or really ever. She whipped the last of the sleep from her blue eyes, then gave a polite smile to the young maid, “Good morning Sarah, hope you sleep well.”

She climbed out of the huge bed and slipped on her soft house shoes and straightened her night gown. Sighing that she truly did have to get up, she stood stretching once more. Then went about her morning routine, she went over to her desk and lit her small scented candles with a flick of the wrist, put on her robe, then took a set at the table to eat.
Wackybubble
Wackybubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrial Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:57 pm

"I did m-ma'am. Thank you." Her voice was soft spoken, eyes downcast to the floor as she stood beside the table and organized it. Her eyes flicked towards the candle with an unhappy look before she moved to the bed to start straightening the covers and pillows. As soon as that was finished, she crossed the room to the dresser to prepare outfits for the day. Each was placed on the bed, neatly and ready to be put on depending on what option she chose to wear for the day.
Tyrial
Tyrial

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackybubble Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:41 pm

“That is good, I’m glad.” She nibbled on some of the fresh waffles, loving the strawberries that were sprinkled on top. She watched as Sarah started making the bed and setting things out for the day. “I would like the blue dress with the gold trim today please. Don’t bother yourself with pulling out to many outfits to just put them away again.” She pulled out one of her books and started thumbing through it to find where she left off. It was another one of her history books, but exciting none the less. She enjoyed reading whatever she could. She finished breakfast and a few pages before starting to get ready for the day.
Wackybubble
Wackybubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrial Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:53 pm

She paused and without a seconds thought she began to put away the outfits. "S-sorry Ma'am...I should have asked." She finished putting it all away and waited with hands fidgeting for her mistress to finish. "D-do you have plans f-for today ma'am? I-If I could be so bold..."
Tyrial
Tyrial

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackybubble Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:13 pm

Lylon gave her a sly smile, “I think I might. Elliot and I were going to see if we could sneak out and go to the market place. There is a big festival down there today and I can’t imagine missing it.” She looked over at the dress and thought it might be a little much, but she really liked that one. Lylon was so excited about today. She felt as though she was never aloud out of the palace, seeing this festival was going to be so fun. There would be so many different books and jewelries and goods from all over, and she would see them all. She went over to the vanity, looking over her appearance in the mirror. She was a mess. “Have you heard anything about it?” she started brushing the tangles out of her hair.
Wackybubble
Wackybubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrial Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:28 pm

"S-sneak out? B-but..." She squeaked and held her tongue, unwilling to mention that more likely than not she would be the one punished for such an idea. Instead Sarah mumbled into the dishes as she placed them back onto the tray, "I haven't heard much about the festival. Your family has been keeping me in with odd jobs...I-I'm grateful truly!" She rushed to say her head snapping up to look with wide eyes to the woman.
Tyrial
Tyrial

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackybubble Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Lylon finally combed out all the tangles and looked over the outcome. She was at least somewhat presentable, she needed some water or something to wet down some of the more stubborn strands. Pulling out her circlet form her jewelry box and placing it on her head. Good enough. “Perhaps you could come with us? Everyone needs a break every once and a while.”

Wackybubble
Wackybubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrial Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:35 pm

"I-If you want me to go...but I shouldn't...I have so much work to do..." She fidgeted again before setting to work gathering up all the left over food from breakfast and placing it back on the tray. She worked diligently, head lowered, eyes downcast.
Tyrial
Tyrial

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackybubble Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:45 pm

“Certainly! We could say you were helping me carry things or something. You deserve a day off, you work far to much.” She picked up her dress, petticoat, and other pieces off the bed and went behind the changing screen in the room to change out of her night cloths. She tugged on all the under layers of clothing and then pulled on the dress. She came out and started smoothing out the skirt, then gave it a twirl. She loved doing that in poofy skirts, it was just so entertaining swooshing it around.
Wackybubble
Wackybubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrial Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:40 pm

"I-I would need permission from y-your parents..." She protested softly, as I lifted the tray. Mentally Sarah was wincing. It was a common mistake she made, and one she was always going to make. Work assignments were taken care of by the chief steward, not the Lord and Lady. But for her, the only people who could order her to do anything was the Lord and Lady.
Tyrial
Tyrial

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackybubble Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:35 am

“Oh, I don’t think we need to get mother involved…” She knew that if her mother found out she was sneaking out she would be furious. “Its not like there aren’t other people who could do whatever you have to do today.” She looked at her and sighed, this was not a convincing argument. “If you must ask her, please don’t mention that I am going.” She gave her one last pleading look before going to slip on her shoes that were at the foot of her bed, the last thing before she was ready for the day.
Wackybubble
Wackybubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrial Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:14 pm

She hesitated, as if weighing her options. "I-I have to ask...but I'll keep you out of it a-alright?" Sarah promised, "I wouldn't want you to get i-in trouble." Her lower lip quivered a bit at the thought.
Tyrial
Tyrial

Back to top Go down

Post by Wackybubble Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:30 am

"Than you." She headed for the door, she had a few things to take care of before the fair. Just one class for today and sitting with mother in court for an hour or so. She wanted to get them finished as quick as possible. Right as she reached the door she turned to Sarah, "If you can go, met us in the garden by the gazebo at about two. Ok?"
Wackybubble
Wackybubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down